Tonight's dinner.....

That is really old fashion cooking and looks amazing Joseph!! Maybe share your secret for the fritters? They look yummy!!

And can you believe I am only 31 yrs old? Hahahah. And no one in my family ever did this.

I make my own buttermilk:

4 1/2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar for every 1 cup of buttermilk.

Pour the vinegar and then equal out your measurement adding the milk to equal 1 cup. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Longer is okay.

1 cup Martha white cornmeal (red label)

Pour the buttermilk into the cornmeal and stir. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.

Drop spoonfuls into hot oil (they will span out). I like my fritters darker then the rest of the family as you can see from the photo. Depending on your spoonfuls this will yield approximately 14 fritters, perhaps 20. Just depends on your spoonfuls.

Thanks,

Joseph

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Btw, Right now I'm making banana nut muffins in my gem pans for the Mrs and kids breakfast.

Looks good! It's a great skill to have. If the power ever goes out for an extended period, I swear most people would go hungry.

I know. I think everyone in our neighborhood will be running to our house if there is ever a huge outage like we had a few yrs ago.

And can you believe I am only 31 yrs old? Hahahah. And no one in my family ever did this.

I make my own buttermilk:

4 1/2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar for every 1 cup of buttermilk.

Pour the vinegar and then equal out your measurement adding the milk to equal 1 cup. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Longer is okay.

1 cup Martha white cornmeal (red label)

Pour the buttermilk into the cornmeal and stir. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.

Drop spoonfuls into hot oil (they will span out). I like my fritters darker then the rest of the family as you can see from the photo. Depending on your spoonfuls this will yield approximately 14 fritters, perhaps 20. Just depends on your spoonfuls.

Thanks,

Joseph

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Btw, Right now I'm making banana nut muffins in my gem pans for the Mrs and kids breakfast.
Thanks Joseph. Technique is everything!! Thanks for sharing your secret!! Will try your recipe tomorrow!

Geeze, Dan still hasn't figured out what corn thing is what and here you go throwing another one in the skillet. Have you no conscience?

Hilditch

Back