Help Identifying Unmarked #7 Cast Iron Skillet with Heat Ring

JARojas

Hello all,

I would like some help to identify the following unmarked #7 cast iron skillet with a pointy handle. It has a heat ring below (no notches) and is a little smaller than a Griswold Small Block Logo #7 but its walls are thicker. The skillet is generally smooth on the inside, but there are some burrs near the top. Other than the number 7 on the handle, there are no other markings. Its walls are thicker than the Griswold so maybe it is just another taiwanese skillet, but I just want to make sure with the help of the experts.

https://imgur.com/a/oirsrXX

your pics show everything but the bottom... and that might provide the most clues to identification... so far I'm stumped by the handle/hanging hole shape

To my eyes it looks like a BSR...

I also thought it was a BSR at first because of the ridge on the underside of the handle. In fact, the ridge below the handle was the only reason that I picked that skillet up, it was so full of greasy crust that I could only see its pointy handle with its ridge (not even the number nor the heat ring).

BSRs don't have pointed handles or numbers on tops of handles.

Anyway, at least I now know it is not a BSR. Thanks!

I just bought one this afternoon also. It has no marks what so ever. Not even a heat ring. Maybe its Chinese. :eek:
Not even a number.

Back