Pretty Nice Haul

Kyle S.

Got into some pretty good iron a few days ago.
#5 Wagner lid, #8 sbl Griswold lid, #8 Griswold lbl skillet, #7 Martin hamburger flat bottom skillet which was new to me I have only seen them with heat rings, Griswold square skillet, Griswold egg skillet, lodge fish fryer, 2 #6 Wagner Sydney o skillets, I think because the are covered on the bottom, one wagner breadstick Pan, 1 newer Wagner unmarked muffin pan and what I think is a Martin Dutch oven.

Any help identifying the Dutch oven would be appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/V2VMJhw?s=sms

Happy hunting,
Kyle

Thanks Doug. It seems older than 50/60’s. The casting is so smooth and clean. Interesting to own a truly unknown piece.

Did Martin make a lot of smooth bottom skillets? This is the first I have ever seen.

Great find! That is a nice lot of iron. I can't say I've found that much good iron in one place that needed restoring.

The Dutch oven is a Foster Stove Co. piece. I have the deep skillet w/lid marked "Chicken Fryer" on the bottom that has a Griswold Iron Mountain style handle and an extremely smooth cooking surface.

Thanks for the info Jeff. Can you post pictures of your chicken fryer? I would love to see the sinilarities.
Thanks,
Kyle

Thanks for the pictures Jeff. How do you know it is fosters? Have you seen marked pieces? The writing on yours and mine are spot on. Same company for sure. Any info would be interesting for sure.
Kyle

After rereading the thread I linked above I realized the #3 post by me in that thread contains a little bit of misinformation. While the ovens marked "Dutch Oven" are made by Foster they are not an Iron Age piece. Those ovens are marked "Iron Age" on the bottom .
So to clarify... Foster made the pieces like ours marked "Dutch Oven" and "Chicken Fryer" in addition to the "Foster Line" and "Iron Age" marked pieces.

Back