Griswold #3 Scotch Bowl

John S.

Hello Everyone I'm sort a new to the cast iron collecting and at present only own approximately 60 or so pieces mostly only GRISWOLD AND SOME WAGNER AND some old lodge with a few pieces of Chicago cutlery and Favorite ware I'm 69 years old and this computer stuff is kinda tough for me .I have tried to figure out how to post pictures and I have a digital camera but this old Bohunk can't figure it out I Apologize in advance.
I purchased a Griswold #3 Scotch Bowl that is a Large slant label in super condition a few weeks ago in Sioux City ,Ia. and probably gave too much for it (20.00 Dollars) and have put it in the Lye tank for a week and then in the electrolysis for a spell ad Have been working on cleaning it op and so far so good it had quite a bit of build up after cleaning of carbon the logo but no pitting or damage.
Now to the question after all my rambling, On the one tag(#3Scotch Bowl) where the handle attaches is a raised #3 I have looked at many Scotch Bowls on E-bay and other places and Never seen a Scotch Bowl with a raised Numeral on a tad that is above the handle Is This an older one or what is it?
I belong to another site but I cannot access there files and I don't know why as I am a paid up member probably because as I don't know how to access there PDF files and I don't remember My Pin Number for access. Probably jus tas well flushed the #30.00 dollars down the Urnal. I love this site You Folk ROCK !!!!!

Hello Bonnie Scott,Thank You For The Welcome.
I have read All your post since I have joined the forum and You Know your stuff
That's for Sure Your The BOMB !!!!!! Thanks again for treating us New Folks as we are welcome to belong to the forum.
I know from reading and trying to learn about cast iron (because I Love Old Cast) that some of the older folks don't like us Newbys (spelling) Snooping :laughup:Around

If I know anything about CI, I learned it from the people on this forum. I have found everyone to be pretty generous with helpful information. We like pictures here. I hope you will be able to share pictures with us.

Back