Single Notch Lodge Hammered #7 Restore

D_Madden

I kind of knew what I had when I bought it, despite the layers of crud... so I took before and during different stages of restore and after pics and put them together in this imgur album. mainly to post on the reddit castiron sub where we talk about restoring iron the right way, lye and etanks and steel wool etc. anyway it kind of when viral on imgur there for a few days with 70,000 views and a few thousand upvotes. It is a pretty dramatic transformation.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VVR1qA7

I dont own any hammered CI, but I like the looks of it for some reason..lol....very nice job tho!

Very cool idea of showing the progression through the cleaning process. I did it once with a #14 Griswold, but didn't show as much detail in the photos. Nice job.

That is a great pan! I still like the older Lodge skillets cook surface! I have #8 and #9 Arcl letters on the back raised number on the handle. They have amazing cook surfaces.

That is a great pan! I still like the older Lodge skillets cook surface! I have #8 and #9 Arcl letters on the back raised number on the handle. They have amazing cook surfaces.

I've said many times... the arc lodge, no notch and single notch were the same or better quality as anyone else at the time... griswold, wagner, favorite, martin... well cast, well finished, just very well made.

Back