Restored Waffle Irons with Photos Show & Tell

Several Stover irons I've seen (not all), the ball hinge on the cross nubs pan has what appears to be a pin or lug that fits in a hole or receiver in the other pan's ball. Perhaps yours got broken off?

The pin or nub is there and fits in the slot of the mating 1/2 of the ball. When the handles are squeezed together the two half's of the ball separate. It seems to work OK by just lifting the handles and pivoting the paddles on the ball then lowering them again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Are your handles bent?

(and... you realize the handles are missing the wood part, right?)
Handles are not bent. The photo kind of makes them look that way. They are straight and no wood involved. They have the coiled spring type handles that go over the rods. I think the photos your referring to is the first ones. The coil handles were removed to clean and get a coat of seasoning on the rods. The coils were originally nickel or chrome plated, probably nickel but not a lot left.

Abbott & Lawrence Waffle Iron Eye Candy

So I posted on 4/7/2019 post #36 the number 7 & 8 waffle irons so here is the 9 & 10 set

Hearts & Diamonds Waffle Iron was manufactured by Abbott & Lawrence of Philadelphia, Pa., which launched Liberty Stove Works in 1851 and changed names in 1858. In 1858 the name was changed to Abbott & Noble, Abbott retired at the end of the 1860s, and from 1870 onwards the firm was Charles Noble & Co, closed its doors is 1915.

Is it a lot of work to clean & season them, no labor of love. Enjoy

Abbott & Lawrence 9 & 10 Cast Iron Waffle Iron by Jeffrey R., on Flickr

Abbott & Lawrence 9 & 10 Cast Iron Waffle Iron by Jeffrey R., on Flickr

Abbott & Lawrence 9 & 10 Cast Iron Waffle Iron Cleaned & Seasoned by Jeffrey R., on Flickr

Ok, OK - I am totally obsessed with this waffle iron. Absolutely incredible. Just did my first restore of a Griswold 314/315 which came out AMAZING. Then I just got a Wagner 1892 WI ... this is not going in a good direction!! But this one I need. If anyone has advice on how to find one these please let me know!

Back