The Mystery Skillet Game!

Hello Everybody!
I hope all is well.

I recently picked up several pieces of CI at a garage sale (large logo #6 gris, wag grill skillet among others), and I picked up this as part of the deal as it had a really smooth cooking surface.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1122...ms/6147639022229642481?authkey=CO65iOvLs6_kIQ

I think it's half of a combo cooker of some sort- any ideas?:confused:

Thanks!
-J

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I should also note, that there are no markings at all on this piece, except for a strange ghost mark at the point where the handle meets the skillet body,

thanks all!

-J

It sure looks like one of the lids for a double skillet like I have. I notice it is missing the hinge and the ridge in the handle is different also. I have no idea what it is. :icon_scratchchin:

It's not part of what's commonly called a combo cooker. Double skillets, which this is a top to, don't always have hinges. Looks like Wagner, and was probably paired with the version of the deep skillet that has no pour spouts.

From the look of the handle spine I'm inclined to say Vollrath. Indeed the top to a double skillet.

On second look, yes, Vollrath. It went with an unmarked #8 deep skillet with a smooth bottom, no pour spouts, and an assist tab handle.

Thanks Doug, Rob and Bonnie; I greatly appreciate your help!

Pretty cool! This is the first Vollrath I have found "in the wild"!!

-J

Back