Wagner yankee bowl 3

RBearfield

i recently picked up a wagner yankee bowl #3 and can't find anything regarding it. on the bottem of the bowl it says wagner, no quotes, under that sidney, and under that an o. under that yankee bowl, and under that a 3.

need to know rarity and value if anybody knows.

If a piece is not shown in the RB or BB, about the only way left is to check eBay completed listings for ones that actually sold. A #2 sold for $62 recently. A #3 in good condition, probably $50-75, perhaps more to the right buyer.

thankd doug, but i haven't been able to find hide nor hair of a # 3.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Doug, that # 2 that sold for $62 wasn't a yankee bowl except in the auction heading. mine says yankee bowl on the bottom of the bowl, the # 2 didn't.
wish i could post a picture, i'll keep trying.

The angle of the photo, I think, makes the bowl in the listing appear to be a shallower Scotch bowl, but the seller's name I recognize as having sold a good bit of iron, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. I would also surmise that the inscription Yankee Bowl may depend on space available or pattern maker's discretion. The #2 Yankee bowl shown on pg. 61 of the RB doesn't say Yankee Bowl, either.

Back