BSR Wood/coal Stove

DerekK

Picked this up at an auction a few months ago. BSR pot bellied wood/coal stove. Its in pretty rough shape but couldn't let it get away. Not sure how to go about getting it cleaned up and back to looking better. Also not sure how rare they are or the value???
IMG_7125.jpg

If that’s a BSR ‘Boss’ there is a refurbished one just like it at a local antique store a few miles from me for $125

Its actually pretty easy to set up an electrolysis tank of just about any size. If you can locate a watertight container big enough to hold your stove. Preferably plastic so it doesn't react, if you can get stainless, you won't need a sacrificial anode.
Looks to me like that stove may fit in a standard 55 gal barrel? If so, then it would be very affordable to set up a tank.
Container doesn't have to be big enough to immerse whole item, halfway is fine. Then you can turn over and do other side.
Great find by the way!

Picked this up at an auction a few months ago. BSR pot bellied wood/coal stove. Its in pretty rough shape but couldn't let it get away. Not sure how to go about getting it cleaned up and back to looking better. Also not sure how rare they are or the value???
View attachment 5378

When I was 5 or 6 years old one very similar to that was all we had to heat with. Get up every morning from under a pile of blankets and make a bee - line for the stove.

Back