New to site, question about pot belly stove

L Strei

Hello everyone, i'm new to this site, actually new to any site. Never have I done this before. I've been to other sites interested in many things, but usually get annoyed with the lack of respect posters exchange with each other. This site seems better than that.
I do have a question however, I recently had to go through my fathers belongings and found a small pot bellied stove stuffed into corner of his garage. Marked Atlanta Stove Works No. 60. Info on site says they closed foundry 1957, however Birmingham continued to produce stoves under the Atlanta name until the 1980's. Is there a way to tell when this stove was produced?
I plan on using it in my shop, its freezing out there, unless someone says thats a bad idea! Seems to be in great shape, no cracks, breaks, chips,etc. Just a slight rusty haze over the whole thing.
If anyone can shed any light on this I would appreciate it. Many thanks.
Larry

Welcome Larry. You might want to post that question in the General Cast Iron forum and add pictures and state any numbers or pictures of logos, lettering also. Enjoy your stay and I hope you get your information.

Back