Grand Union Tea Company skillet with unusual handle

D_Madden

I suppose this might be a bit off topic on a site for cast iron collectors... but I suppose the handle with the company name is cast.. .and attached to a steel skillet... but it's unusual and reminded me of something someone posted a week or two ago of a 'repaired' handle skillet and I thought someone on here might like seeing it.

https://imgur.com/a/40Uum

There seems to be some history of the Grand Union Tea Company online... but not a lot of examples of this skillet (although as with most things there are a couple for sale on ebay right now.)

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Another auction today... This was rather unusual and caught my eye... and I didn't pay a lot for it... Also picked up an arc 'National' #9 with a star makers mark. A beauty of a slant logo heat ring griswold #8... don't even have to clean it up... just hang it on the rack with my #7. And then I picked up a little 'square egg skillet' #129 and a wind proof ash tray #33 that looks like a little 3 legged pot with a bail handle. There was a fully marked victor that I thought went too high, a couple of wapaks... a#6 that went higher than I paid for my #8 slant logo and one of the indian head medallion pans... the pan itself was in really good condition... but the casting of the medallion on the bottom was very worn... almost to the point of not being recognizable as an indian head... so I backed off of it as well. This auction had quite a few anvils... and now I'm glad I'm not an anvil collector.

Back