Crusty restoration

Came out well. A 2nd shift pan. You might do well to turn off commenting on your photos; you get all kinds of weirdos and, often, malicious links.

Thanks y'all! There was a couple things id like to do better but for being my first piece ive sold i was pretty happy. I tried to figure out how to turn off commenting on imgur but havent figured it out.

Robert, there is a pull down menu that says "public". You can change it to "just me". Folks in here will. Still be able to see the picture through the link you post.

Wow ! That was quite the salvage job you did with that one . Funny how all that baked on gunk seems to protect the pans and often enough once you get them clean they are some of ther nicest ones lol

Very nice :icon_thumbsup:

Real nice job on that #7. Did you use lye tank or etank?

My first etank job was on a 3 notch lodge #10 a couple years ago. Since, I have done several pans...but that #10 is my workhorse. I love it more than some of my more "valuable" pans, likely because it means a lot to me...being the first one that I did.

Real nice job on that #7. Did you use lye tank or etank?

My first etank job was on a 3 notch lodge #10 a couple years ago. Since, I have done several pans...but that #10 is my workhorse. I love it more than some of my more "valuable" pans, likely because it means a lot to me...being the first one that I did.

It was my first job in the etank. Only the 6th pan ive done. I just bought 3 more today including an unmarked wagner dutch oven that will get started tomorrow. Need to recoup some money!

It was my first job in the etank. Only the 6th pan ive done. I just bought 3 more today including an unmarked wagner dutch oven that will get started tomorrow. Need to recoup some money!

I'll just add my 2 cents... if the pans are black and crusty like yours was to start with, I usually do the lye bath first... that will get rid of most of the black junk...and/or soften up the stubborn stuff... then I just use the e-tank to finish them off... usually only an hour total (front and back.. I only have one sacrificial anode).

Back