My Latest Haul

MikeC

After purchasing that 20 "prison" skillet and other items, I went back to pick the rest of the guy's cast iron collection. I wound up buying it all.

https://imgur.com/gallery/N68FmiT

I didn't think there would be so many Erie pans (he said he might have a couple) so I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, the 12 has a slight crack. however, after digging through more, I found another 8 and a cracked 6.

I thought the skillet display rack was a reproduction, but the back is legit and a magnet sticks, so it's real. Really excited about that, maybe more than anything else.

I thought you might enjoy, so thanks for reading!

Im jealous! Thats a nice 5 years of picking for me......you got it all in one shot......Im loving the #12 even tho its cracked a little.

wow... that's more nice erie's than I typically see in a year or more of hunting iron. awesome condition on everything too...
not sure what you paid for everything but I see about 2K in a handful of pieces.

Nice haul, every once in a while you have a day like that. Especially love the #11 ERIE. I think 11s are the most undervalued size skillet out there. Just don't run across them very often in my experience.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked to see all the Erie. I really like to restore and then move the stuff along, but my worry is that I might keep all these Erie! My plan was to only collect series 1 and 2, but given this haul, I might just collect series 3, as well. I will part with everything before I part with them just to see where I net out.

It's funny how this happens, though. I said I was going to stop and work on my house (installing all new wooden storms), but then I buy one pan and the guy says he has more. Well, here I am lol.

Back