Wagner #6 Dutch Oven

TyHiggins

I can get a pic if needed. On the side about halfway up is a small metal ring, sad to say there wasn't a lid. On the bottom is "WAGNER" and under that the Sidney O. Then there is a 6 at the bottom. It's a deep tall pot, 6" deep, I'm curious as to a possible value? It seems a #6 pot is a rare size, am I right?

That's what's known as a flat bottom kettle, and would probably not have been supplied with a lid, at least I wouldn't expect an iron one. 1890s - early 1900s, probably ~ $50.

I guess it's too tall to be a DO, but for $15 I won't complain. It also came with a taller iron stand that it fit quite nicely on, doubt it was a set though but it'll come in handy. I did get a really old #6 round lid, gate mark on the inside, for $6 but it was just a hair too big to go on the Wagner.

I am pretty sure that I had a No.6 Wagner FBK with an iron Wagner cover. Looking at a 1924 Wagner catalog they say under the FBK listing "Furnished with or without Drip Drop cast iron cover'. No.6 FBKs are scarce and any FBK covers are rare. The 1915 catalog does not show FBK covers. I'm sure that my cover was not a Drip Drop one and was the domed cover with the cast iron 'whistle" knob on top. It was a really nice piece.

Scarce is good, I'd never seen one before. I imagine I'll throw it in the tank when I have a slot open, then put it on the market.

Back