Toy? Ash Tray

Toys were replicas of full size cookware. Advertising and cigarette rests confirm ashtray. Or backup spoon rest in a pinch.

I have 3 ashtrays and 3 Lodge Mini Skillets. They are all different. Honey I Shrunk The Skillet, LMS, & MS skillets from Lodge.
707aab6fe4d7edfedd381dcaba0cc3bd.jpg

Doug,

Thanks for the spoon rest Idea. I didn't want to just let it sit around. Now I have a reason to keep it near the stove.

yeah. I got this little guy in a lot with a couple other small enamel ones at that last dinkys 'john wright' auction. they sold several lots of 3 or 4 of these little enamel ash tray pans and the only reason I bid on this lot was that one of the other ones was a pretty turquoise color that my wife liked... I hadn't really looked that closely at the one in the original package until I got everything home. givec that the package has the textron name on it I assume we know when this was made and sold (59-69).. .and I kind of wanted to open it and see how the pan was marked (or if it was marked with little wagner ware marking or not under the enamel on the back)... but decided to just leave it in the package, I have several other little speckled pans so this one seems more special in the package.

When did Wagner start pre seasoning?
Catalogs from the (apparently) early 1940s tout Wagner pre-seasoning. It "eliminates the old varnish-like lacquer that had to be burned or scoured off" and "eliminates the laborious heating and greasing". New instructions were "just wash and use". Illustrations therein place pieces with concentric rings on tops of covers in that time frame. Griswold was also doing pre-seasoning by the 1950s if not earlier.

Back