Identify Skillets Help

1. A willingness to read the various articles and charts within this site (or the ability to post pictures of items for which you need help)

2. An eye for detail

Identification skills develop over time as you gain knowledge of markings that are positive identifiers (such as Griswold logos) and also as you develop ID skills based on a process of elimination, i.e. if a skillet does not have a particular feature, design, or marking, it can't be a product of "x" foundry.

After I found this site, I read all the links and then I read most of the forum threads going back years. Whether or not you think that is a sane approach, I did have the time and willingness.

I enjoy the posts that include photos asking for help. Before I read any of the replies, I make a guess. Over time, my accuracy has improved.

I apologize for a rambling reply. Succinctly, you need to know about cast iron markings and how to post pics for assistance. Good luck on your quest.

Thank you. Great advice. Been using cast iron for about 20 years, have one pan that belonged to my Mom. Know a little about them, but always want to learn more.

Back