griswold, nickel plated?

EMyers

I bought this skillet and it was black and built up with crud, couldn't recognize it, after a lye bath here is what I have. Really silver colored, almost looks painted. Anyone tell me about this thing, age, value. Not a pit in it.

my bad, I thought my pics took hold and were there

Attachments

• WP_20151218_014.jpg
    WP_20151218_014.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 38
  • WP_20151218_015.jpg
    WP_20151218_015.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 38
  • WP_20151218_016.jpg
    WP_20151218_016.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 35
Looks to be the Griswold DuChro finish, which was described as having highlights and tops of handles highly polished and the balance left dull chrome. There is some question as to what actually constituted that term, though. One I have like it has the outer sidewalls highly polished as well.

Thank you, so this isn't nickel plated, i'm sorry i have never owned either nickel or duo chrome, have no idea if they are old, good, scrap or collectors piece. I have a set of griswold of every size that i use and after that i buy and sell, this one is a first, maybe i'll put in my kitchen arsenal if will hold up to it's brothers and sisters i have

thats a question worth an answer that I haven't got. Kinda poses the same question about Teflon coated skillets

This post brings up a question. Is safe to eat food cooked on nickel plated cookware??
If you eat food cooked in stainless steel cookware (and with stainless steel flatware), you are eating from both nickel and chromium.

Back