First Craigslist Score

I was nervous when I pulled up to the address and it was on the edge of the rough side of town in front of an old run down warehouse. But there were a couple of good ole boys that came to the door. I feel that I got a good deal. The one Item I wanted was the Lodge #16 Camp Oven. The other two pots don't have legs or lids, have surface rust and are unmarked. They are huge they measure about 16-1/4" on the inside at the top and about 17-1/4" on the outside, I'm pretty sure from across the water.(any idea?) . They also threw in two outdoor cookers one without gas line or regulator, the aluminum turkey fryer and a couple of steamer inserts, a large strainer and a 25# bottle of gas full! I paid 50 bucks for everything. I would have given that for the Lodge#16.

The top piece on the taller gas cooker without the gas line is cast iron. It must have been an older model. I've never seen one exactly like it before.

Attachments

• RenderedContent-B90C4661-97CC-4DB2-935A-135111E7A108.jpg
    RenderedContent-B90C4661-97CC-4DB2-935A-135111E7A108.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 132
Thanks Guys, I have a backlog of Iron waiting for me to clean. I work 8hrs and commute 3-1/2 daily, and have worked Saturdays for the last year. I pick and choose what I want to clean and the rest awaits retirement. I'll be 62 August 14. I plan on hanging in there until 65. MAYBE:idea:

you are now almost required to make very large meals.
I hope to have the opportunity. That's a pig cooker in the background. I Break it out every 4th. I also cold smoke 25 pounds of pork link sausage for Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays every year. That's another thing on my retirement bucket list. Smoke/Cure my own country hams and make my own sausage.

I have three NO 16 lodge dutch ovens left in my sell trade pile. I will not budge at $175+. These are the older non seasoned ones. You didn't get a deal. You got a steal.

Thanks Bryan. I knew the #16 was discontinued, I couldn't find one on EBay so I didn't know the value. I got paranoid that the #14 was going to be discontinued last year so I went to Bass Pro and picked up one. I also have a used #12. I could have gotten a new one from Walmart for about the same price, But it was cleaned and seasoned with 2-coats of flaxseed oil. I really like the older pre-egg-logo ones but haven't seen any local and I'm to darn cheap to pay a premium price plus shipping. I now wait for the bargains on the smaller sizes!

Back