Unmarked dutch oven identity help

EMyers

I'm still having trouble w/ this unmarked stuff. Could anyone tell me approximate age, type, manufacturer, value or anything on this piece, I purchased as is w/ the lid at auction for $7.50. The lid has a #2 right in the center of it.

Attachments

• WP_20151120_047.jpg
    WP_20151120_047.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 63
  • WP_20151120_049.jpg
    WP_20151120_049.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 61
  • WP_20151120_052.jpg
    WP_20151120_052.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 60
I'll take a stab at it. I believe it's an unmarked Lodge #8 bottom. I have seen a lid like this one before and it'll drive me crazy until I can place it but again, It might be an unmarked Lodge but the missing basters concern me here. Maybe someone else can pin it down better but I'll place it around 40s to 50s with a value around $30 to $60???

I don't think the lid and the pot are a match; the lid appears to be older. A better look at the bail attachments might (but probably won't) help on the pot.

That little "waist" at the center of the handle is also on a Favorite fryer of mine, but the way it attaches to the lid is not typical of a Favorite.

Older lid patterns had two hinged, retractable handle parts. Sometimes the break in the middle was tight and nearly imperceptible, other times not. The design is not exclusive to any one maker.

Older lid patterns had two hinged, retractable handle parts. Sometimes the break in the middle was tight and nearly imperceptible, other times not. The design is not exclusive to any one maker.

Where the heck did you get your knowledge from, Doug? The things you know often amaze me (and I'm sure I'm not alone there).

I bet Doug was either in the business of cast iron antiques or he has a photographic memory. Either way he is a storehouse of knowledge.

Your all pretty knowledgeable to me bt I will admit when Doug posts a reply I know I got about as good of answer as I'm gonna get. Thanks to everyone for their input and help

Back