Can You See What I See?

Hopping mine is just filled with 1/8" of crust like the rest of the skillet.

RickC;The round Griswold breakfast skillets sell for a lot also, although they don't seem to be all that practical...
:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Here is the Wagner Sidney #7

wag%252Csidney%252C7_0489.jpg

wag%252Csidney%252C7_0488.jpg

So, on the Indian.

Were legit Indian handles ever filled in like that? Your handle doesn't look like the handles on the Indians I have.

I always thought that handles that looked modern were obviously fake, and handles that were filled in like that were as well.

You bring up a good point. So, looking on eBay I do see handles like yours and also mine.
On the site here under Reproductions & Counterfeits, it states Handle may be plain teardrop shape.
I am hopping that our two handles are of a different date??

Where is Doug when you need him?

That is a nice looking #7 Jeffrey, good score. :icon_thumbsup:

Yes, Agree with you on the #7. Not so happy on this one, a little rough on the indian.

Can anyone offer the reason for the different handle style from this skillet to the one RickC put on.
I am thinking that one is older that the other, and not a Reproduction or a Counterfeit.

Cleaned, but not seasoned.

wapak_0490.jpg

wapak_0492.jpg

There are more differences in the Indian head skillets besides the handle bottoms. The TM is seen both raised and in bas relief, as is the size numeral atop the handle (but incised or in bas relief). The former (the TM style) does not seem to coincide in all cases with the "troughed" vs. "filled" handle, but the bas relief size numeral appears to go with the "troughed". I would agree the more detailed handle design is probably the earlier.

I did see the numeral atop the handle on RickC skillet.

So, would it be right to say that they had the 2 styles, and if so what would the date for both skillets?

Thank you.

Don't know if this is allowed, but I'm bumping this to the top again, as I'd like to know the answer to Jeff's question about Indian handles too.

Here's some filled in handles No. 12 HERE, No. 8 HERE, No. 7 HERE.

Also, checking in with my Wagner 7's :tongue:

IMG-3056,medium.1394516818.JPG

IMG-3010,medium.1405572454.JPG

And a pre-Wagner 7...
SHW-7-Bottom,medium.1415429982.JPG

I don't think Wapak was consistent enough with anything in its short lifetime for us to say what was made exactly when; the BB authors certainly didn't attempt to, dating the Indians 1903-1926, same as Wapak itself. The eBay examples shown aren't even consistent. All have the same handle, but two have recessed medallions, one has a raised ring. Two have recessed size numbers, one has none at all.

Back