Enterprise #35

BStevens

Just finishing this (still have to stencil), but very pleased with how it turned out.

Enterprise #35 sausage stuffer that belonged to my great-grandparents. Electrolysis and then seasoned the inside of the stuffer (along with the bottom of the press-plate).

Certainly the most difficult project I have done, but likely the most rewarding.

Only new addition are the side-bolts. Ready to be put to good use. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 60
Though I typically greatly appreciate and enjoy the numerous posts of CI and cooking on this forum, I try to avoid making "those look nice" posts out of respect for Doug's "signal to noise" wishes.

But in this case I can't resist, that's really really nice.

Great job on the restore! Looking forward to seeing your stenciling job pics, too. Do you plan to use it?

I've restored several of these presses in both 4 and 8 quart sizes. Here's the latest I did last fall.

Attachments

• 2017-01-27 22.57.16.jpg
    2017-01-27 22.57.16.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the kind words. I will be sure to post a pic when completely done. And, yes, this will be put to good use. I will surely be doing snack sticks and salami next deer season.

And Jeff, yours looks amazing. Takes some time, but totally worth it. This is the first CI restoration where my wife didn't think I was crazy.

Back