Lodge lid

Okay, from reading about unmarked cast iron in the reference section, this is a Lodge. With the raised "8" numeral, is it pre 1930s or is it from the 30s? The only reference to raised number is on the handle of the Blacklock skillets. I can't find any reference to a raised number on the lids. On the underside is a raised "F" which is described on a 1930 lid.

DSCN5720.jpg

DSCN5721.jpg

The lid shown is probably 1930s, but possibly as early as 1925 or so. Raised numerals on Lodge are seen on pieces such as no-notch marked Lodges, and period DO and skillet covers. The unmarked page doesn't reference raised size numerals on Lodge pieces because other characteristics can serve as positive ID.

Thanks for the response. In my storage area I have cast iron which I have moved around in the past years. I have a Lodge bailed pot and I had several lids that probably have been mixed around. I was unsure which went with it. I'm pretty sure this lid goes with it. Just wanted to check the time period this lid came from. From what I know, it is probably a 30s that goes with the pot. I have no pictures of the pot, as it is waiting to go into the lye bath. It's one of the scalloped bottom ones. This lid was a rusty piece of iron when I put it in the electrolysis tank. Took a while to get all the rust off, but ended up well. The lid has one ding or chip at about 6 o'clock from the 8.

Back