Apple Cider Doughnuts in DO

SpurgeonH

First time I've ever made doughnuts. They turned out to be pretty tasty. I was supposed to toss them in a blend of sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin spice ... but I didn't have any pumpkin spice so I used Allspice. I'll get it right next time.

AnACypX.jpg

5F6v5xX.jpg

3SXCjjt.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

... And, of course, you have to do something with the holes ... The recipe had options for the sugar/cinnamon coating or a buttermilk/sugar glaze. I went with the glaze for the holes ...

byOUUsy.jpg

OfRaW7C.jpg

I would be remiss if I did not supply a link to the recipe. So, here ya go ...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/apple-cider-doughnuts-0

I also forgot to mention, I made these as a special treat for my daughter who came home this weekend (for a wedding planning pow-wow with my wife). Both my wife and my daughter are gluten-free, so instead of regular flour I used Krusteaz Gluten-Free Flour. They claim theirs can be substituted 1-for-1 for regular flour and that is what I did.

I’ll tip my hat to you Spurgeon. After a couple of attempts to make glazed donuts I decided I can’t come close to Krispy Kream when the hot sign is on or Dunkin Donuts at 4:00 AM. Even Ingle's!

Gluten lover, Hilditch

Back