Seared steak with gratin

EricC

This meal was done completely in cast iron, using a #5 skillet in the oven and a #8 skillet on the stovetop.

After some prep work, this stuff goes in the oven...

While this stuff first sautés, then has the finished oven stuff and some other ingredients mixed in...

That then gets transferred back to the #5, topped, and baked...

While the #8 gets wiped clean and the steak seared...

And finally a red wine pan sauce is made...

Eric fine looking meal. And a wonderful looking picture tutorial. Now I have to think about what I'm having for supper

Steve,

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out if these extra "action shots" are appreciated or undesired. I'm taking them anyway for posting elsewhere and I'm including them here because of the subject matter, but I could easily stick to just posting the finished results here if that's preferred.

Eric
Please continue to post here but give us the recipes, tricks and skills to duplicate. I cant even tell what the ingredients were

Jack

Ok, I can do that. If I did to that level of detail, should I be posting in the recipes section instead of the cooking in cast iron section?

Still trying to figure out my way around a little bit, want to post in the right place when I share my cooking.

Eric, I’d say yes. If you are listing every ingredient, minute cooking details including peeling the carrots and having to explain your techniques for each phase of cooking a dish it belongs in the recipe file section.

Hilditch

I like the step-by-step pictures. I would like the recipes too! So, I uses it would go in the recipe section.

Back