Another Hello from NJ

Jeffrey F

Hi everybody,
Just wanted to say hi and let you know Im here and lurking around. Taking in as much info as I can. Recently after many years of hearing my mom tell me i was missing out on the real deal while I was buying and going through Teflon (can I even say that word here). I dug out my modern Lodge skillet that had been put away for a long time and started using it. Stovetop and oven.. Fell in love with it. Brought back great memories of my grandmother making roast beef in hers with potatoes and carrots so golden brown....
Anyway - Im hooked. Have already bought a battery charger and a plastic bin, as well as spent the motherlode on a Griswold #8 flat bottom restored skillet on eBay. My hope and plan is to collect a complete set of the large block Griswolds 3 thru 10. No more motherlode though- hahah Have to find them in need of some love and learn how to dish it out and make my own restored pans.
Anyway sorry for the long winded intro - Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the forum. Lots to see and learn hear. Speaking of see, we like to see photos of your eye candy (iron). It also helps us with identification, and addressing your questions. Sounds like your on your way, with a little help from mom. Mother knows best.

Back