Stack of CI for $25

I picked up 5 pieces for $25 yesterday. They are in rough shape, but have potential. At least I think so...still new to this.

Pictures of all five pieces are here: http://imgur.com/a/GxEs5

One is a Wagner Ware. The one I am most curious about is a gate marked pan with a fancier handle than I have seen before. It is labeled Pan 3 in the gallery.
I'm sure someone here will recognize it right off and be able to tell me if I found something collectible or if I found a rusty paperweight.

Any help in identifying these would be appreciated. Time to set up my e-tank an see what I have under all the crud.

Thanks!

Victor Stove Works, not to be confused with the Victor brand used by Griswold. The patent date stamp on the back gives it away. Outstanding find!

Victor Stove Works is known for odorless skillets bearing this same patent date, but it only references the handle design. Other than the handle, this one and the Victor are not much alike. I wouldn't consider this one VSW unless there was a virtually identical marked example to refer to.

Some eye candy. Victor Stove Works #8 odorless skillet.

ci%25252Cvictor_7679.jpg

ci%25252Cvictor_7681.jpg

ci%25252Cvictor_7680.jpg

Interesting that the holes in the handle on Jeffery's smokeless example are open, where those on Steve's are not... or at least it appears that way.

Interesting pour spouts on your find, too, Steve. Very angular compared to most.

OK...I have found out a little more about this one. I found one exactly like it for sale, and this is the description:

This cast iron skillet has no manufacturer mark. The size is #8 - 10 3/8 x 2. Marked on the bottom "PAT'D JUNE, 10 1879". Has a very decorative handle and a wonderful gate mark. There seem to be 3 different skillets of the same design with the same date on them. This skillet has the solid handle design, the other 2 have a hollow handle. One of the other designs was manufactured by Victor, the other the exact manufacturer is unknown but believed to be manufactured by either Eagle Foundry or Early Foundry. We seen the other 2 designs for sale for $200 to $400. This would make a great decorative piece for the hearth.

http://griswoldstore.ecrater.com/p/14554747/no-name-decorative-handle-heat

Yup! That's it, exactly, isn't it? Awesome find, both the piece itself, and that bit of information about it! Amazing price suggestions if you decide to sell and can get that, too. Somehow, though, I suspect you'll be keeping it.

An unsubstantiated sales pitch is not a confirmation of value, no matter what someone says "we seen" others for sale for. Geeze...

An unsubstantiated sales pitch is not a confirmation of value, no matter what someone says "we seen" others for sale for. Geeze...

I think we can sell the London bridge again. :eek:
Some sellers will say anything to the unsuspecting buyer just to do onr thing, get your $$$. You might never see another one like this one from 1879. It is the buyers job to get educated.

Definitely not confirmation of anything, but a bit more potential info to go on.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

And to be clear, neither of the two identical pieces I found sold for hundreds of dollars. One sold for $80 and the other for $59. I am not planning on selling as I am just starting to collect. But if I found someone willing to give me a few hundred for it, that sucker would be gone in a heartbeat!

Back