Favorite Puritan?

Is it smaller in diameter and shallower than a Favorite #7 regular skillet?

I don't have a regular Favorite #7 to compare, but the dimensions didn't seem out of the ordinary. When I take it out of the lye bath, I will get measurements.

Must have been the lateness of the hour. I read "Puritan" and thought "Miami". Is there something to indicate it's not just a regular Favorite? I can't see any vestiges of a marking in the photo.

There was a #5I right next to it, just as pitted. I have different 5 & 8 at home. So after comparing the rib under the handle and the font of the “7” to the pics on your site and the 2 I have, I thought Puritan. Do the regular Favorites use the same Number font/placement as Puritan?

9.5” in diameter
2” deep

In the second photo of the favorite Puritan here: http://www.castironcollector.com/store.php you can see the rectangular outline around the logo. To me this says they simply replaced the TM area of a regular Favorite skillet in the pattern with an insert with the Puritan TM. This practice seems common to Favorite as that outline is seen in other instances such as Favorite pans with CHF logos.

So...with the amount of pitting, there no way to distinguish this one as being a Favorite or a Favorite Puritan?

Back