Hello From Virginia

SJanous

After inheriting some cast iron cookware a number of years ago and using it, I was hooked. Out went my factory coated pans that always needed replacing. I have a number of fry pans, a couple of dutch ovens, and a lamb mold. All Griswold.

With Easter approaching I will be using the lamb mold. The model that I have has the number 866 on the handle and no other marks. The vent holes are in the face side of the body (2) and one in the nose. The issue has always been when I fill the back with batter I don't get a rise in the head to completely fill the face. I have tried several recipes but no luck. Baking it and then flipping it does not seem to work. If its too soon, the batter runs out. Too late in the process and the rise is complete.

Most of the pictures on websites sites show molds with no vents or vents in the back mold with the batter poured into the front (face) side down. I found this website searching the internet and hoped someone has the same mold and bakes with it and can offer their expertise.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Sue

Welcome, Sue. Sounds like an interesting piece. I'm not familiar, but it may help if you are able to post a picture showing the holes.

Here are a couple of pictures of the lamb mold. I am interested in finding someone that has one with vents as pictured and bakes with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
Back