Did BSR make a round griddle?

EricC

In my research of BSR, I don't know if what I've found is a comprehensive list of their products over the years. I do know that post-DISA they released several square skillets, such as their breakfast griddle, but what I've found doesn't include a round, flat, handled griddle.

However, I have seen several listings for sale of such griddles labeled as being BSR. Does anyone know if these could be actual BSR product or are sellers misidentifying them?

Here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Cas...858116?hash=item41b2654f44:g:WJwAAOSwh-1W2hjS

Although they don't appear to be seen often, yes. Two, in fact. From the earliest days a "stove griddle" (6"-9" sizes), like the Lodge "old style" was offered. Red Mountain catalogs also show a "handle griddle" (#6-#10, plain or polished), a "new style" like the one in the auction listing, in addition to the stove griddle in #7-#9, in plain finish only. Later Century catalogs only show a# 8 of each, plain only for the stove, plain or polished for the handled.

I think I have found a red Mountain round flat griddle . All the markings it has is an 8-A on the bottom. Does anyone have a picture they can share? Thanks

I have what I believe is a BSR round griddle soaking in the lye tank. It has a heat ring and only one marking, the number 8 at 6 o'clock.

I suspect it's an early model. Any guess as to when it was made?

Back