Chrome Wagner Tea Size Corn Stick Pans and Evaporust

D_Madden

I had heard about Evaporust before and kind of wanted to try it on something (preferably something small since it seems to be kind of expensive) and I found these two wagner tea size chrome corn stick pans in rusty condition for less than $20 plus shipping.

the sequence of pics are tops and bottoms as received.
tops and bottoms after some initial wire brush and steel wool.
then evaporust
then tops and bottoms after evaporust (and some more steel wool and wire brush on the kernels)

a couple of the pics are a bit blurred... didn't notice that until after I had uploaded them... but pretty impressed with the evaporust.

https://imgur.com/a/fhRMBVQ

One question about chrome corn stick pans... how exactly do you season them? Just the corn parts? just the top? on the chrome bottom? there was a bit of rust on the bottoms... will that just come back if I don't put something on there?

The idea with plating (Wagner used exclusively nickel) was that seasoning wasn't necessary. Assuming it remained intact, of course. I would manually season the exposed iron areas once just to prevent the return of rust. With cornstick pans, you would normally oil them before preheating and then adding batter and baking, so building a seasoning like you would on a skillet isn't really the goal.

Back