Any idea on this logo?

I have an idea, but could you add a photo of the bottom side of the handle and any markings on the bottom of the pan? The dimpled lid suggests Birmingham Stove & Range Co., as does the lid handle. BSRs are typically confirmable by the handle shape. The R in diamond in this case looks more like a pattern identifier than a manufacturer's logo. The only diamond shaped marking related to Griswold has the word ERIE inside it.

Thanks! I can post a pic when I get home, but I don't think there are ANY marks on the bottom, other than an "8" near the handle.

What would the pattern identifier mean?

Multiple patterns were created for each size and type of pan in order to cast a run of several pieces simultaneously. Especially after the advent of automation, quality control would need to know if defective pieces were the result of a damaged pattern. A unique letter on each let them quickly find the problematic one.

Hmmm, my expectation was that the sharp ridge on the bottom of the handle would both loop around the hole and not flatten out where it meets the wall of the pan as most do. The grooved bottom throws in a monkey wrench. Yes, there are later Griswolds which have grooves kind of like this one's, but this is still not a Gris. The ridge around the hole is reminiscent of BSR, though. If this were a later BSR, one would expect to see the diameter in inches as well as "Made In USA" on the bottom. Early BSRs had 3/4" high size numerals, but typically followed by a similar-sized pattern letter or letters. Never seen a BSR with a grooved handle. This one is a stumper.

oooh, a mystery! I have found a couple photos of similar looking ones, but many are missing lids, so it's hard to be sure (and they're for expired ebay or etsy sales, so I can't really get any more info). I thought the color might be key since it's sort of distinctive, but it doesn't seem to be helping. The lid handle definitely seems to be most similar to BSR.

Well, she was at least right about it being a chicken fryer! Mine's certainly not brand new, but it looks like I got a good deal, just on a less popular brand. Now to do some research on Krane...and recipes :)

Thanks so much! Going to check out your care instructions.

spout to spout = 11 in
end of handle to other side (straight across from handle) = 15 in
handle itself about 5 in
base of pot (cooking area) about 8.5 in

Thanks. I have a BSR chicken fryer of the same vintage here. Everything about it but the enamel and groove in the handle is the same-- the pour spouts' size, the break where the sides curve to meet the flat bottom. My theory is that Krane (or whoever made the pans for Krane) used a BSR pan to create their pattern and altered it slightly (the groove). The difference in a cast pan from its pattern is a shrinkage of around 1/8" per foot. My theory also assumes whatever working pattern made for the Krane pan was also the same size as the BSR pan itself. My BSR CF measures 11-1/8" spout to spout and 15-1/2" overall length. So the answer to my theory is "maybe".

If we are to assume that Krane would have added "Made In USA" to its pieces like the rest of the makers did when they did, then it would place this one early to mid-1960s or before. I do note the photo of the box in the auction listing shows the company address including the 5-digit zip code, which first came into use in mid-1963, so that narrows it somewhat further.

Back