CI Displayed In Your Kitchen? Got a Pic?

Shawn- Super display and such nice pieces! That mini-bundt cake pan you have on the countertop of your cabinet- is that cast iron? Non-stick coated?

Really nice display!
Thanks TedW.
Are you referring to the 12 hole turks pan standing against the back of cabinet?
It's a seasoned cast iron pan with sprue marks.
This photo is before cleaning and seasoning.
[URL=http://s237.photobucket.com/user/sccamper/media/Cast%20iron/2015-5-9%20Illinois%20Vacation%20111sm.jpg.html][/URL]

Love the pics of displaying cast iron. Have not figured my best way to do it. I keep most of mine in the closet hung on racks. The real valuable pieces have a shelf in my den!!

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 240
New here, this is my first post, but this is what I did on my kitchen wall.

l2MMNmU.jpg

Does anyone have the plans for a rack like the one shown above.

Those look like 1x6's screwed into the wall (make sure you hit studs), and then some screw in hooks spaced out on the boards as needed. As long as you get hooks that can take the weight, it should be a pretty simple, but effective, build.

I used the 1x6 boards to allow enough coverage for the bottom lip of the skillets to still hit wood. As already stated it was also to protect the wall. I just sanded and stained the lumber and added some hooks from lowes hardware. No big deal but I was really happy how it turned out and my wife likes it better than them sitting around.

BEWARE! One good nail through the sheetrock and into a stud will only hold about 400 lbs. Or, a picture hanger with three pins in the sheetrock only will only hold about a half dozen skillets. Plan on.

Hilditch

Back