Hello from Texas

JBaur

I just started collecting cookware about 3 years ago. Here's a picture of what I'm currently working on. I have a few that need IDs, but they're probably unkowns.

20150501_123935.jpg

If anyone claims I'm obsessed..I'm going to show them this :razz:

That's an impressive collection.

I like most of them. I bought the majority of these in the past 6 months. It took me a while to learn about hollow-ware and prices. I'm probably going to keep a few that I like the best. Truthfully I like the ornate 1800s ones the best if they're still functional on a modern gas range.

I collect way more than just this. Like 1800s tools, faradic instruments and quack devices, post cards, old toys, advertising, bottles, fruit jars, Texas stoneware, trade and political tokens, bottle openers and cork screws, 1800s glass, anything weird... and more.

20150501_142647.jpg

20150501_142659.jpg

This one is s mystery. It's from an old homestead near Elgin, Texas. It's a griddle with a tapered raised foot. Might have been a combination griddle and lid. I was hoping someone could ID it.

I'll post a few more.

Welcome aboard JBaur.

Nice collection. I live in Kemah, just south of Houston. What part of Texas are you from?

From what I understand those older gate marked pieces are hard to identify.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

What do you have hiding there under that stack of small skillets? Is that a double skillet lid?

Welcome, and nice stash! What's your favorite piece in those stacks?

Proably the flat top Erie DO, the Griswold waffle iron, and some of the older pans. I'll post a few more pictures.

20150501_140839.jpg

20150501_141305.jpg

20150501_160117.jpg

Wow. I want to hang out on your patio. That's a mega stash of CI. :eek:

You're more than welcome. I have plenty of cold Lone Star. I went crazy at first. Probably half the skillets are unmarked Wagner, Griswold, and Lodge. Plus a few other foundries. Three are later Lodge pans I bought to use until I find an older one to replace it with.

If anyone claims I'm obsessed..I'm going to show them this :razz:

That's an impressive collection.

Thanks... I think. Sadly, I have more. These are the ones I didn't sell or I'm still working on.

Welcome aboard JBaur.

Nice collection. I live in Kemah, just south of Houston. What part of Texas are you from?

Thanks. I'm from San Antonio.

From what I understand those older gate marked pieces are hard to identify.

What do you have hiding there under that stack of small skillets? Is that a double skillet lid?

Yeah. I don't expect it to be identified. It's still neat. I forget what the hinged skillet is called. It's from one of those three piece cookers. I'm still hunting for the other parts.

Thanks JBaur, I see it's missing that hinge that I have been looking for. I sure am enjoying looking at your collection.

Looks like someone has a LOT of work in front of them.:eek:

So welcome to the site. Looks like you have a good eye.

If you would not mind, I need to satisfy my eyes could you do a photo of the back side of the skillet that you held up that looks like this one. You posted it at 5:50 today.

Eye candy, if we can not have it we like to see it.:icon_thumbsup:

fancy%252Chandle%252Cskillet_9562.jpg

Yep. I need to get busy. I'm surprised how much I've accumulated.

The pan is perfect except for the bottom. It has bad corrosion. I believe it's a Highland Foundry Co. size 7 & 8. I'm not sure what the 1879 patent is for. Possibly the casting method? It appears on pans from other companies.

20150501_141318.jpg

Back