Staining?

Adam C

Having a hard time, getting this staining out. Any tips? Should I go easy off method or just vinegar/water bath?
d2d60a38fff5e246ad43065944906eba.jpg

It's easier to send advice if we know where you started and where you are going. Is this piece new to you? A daily user you want to clean up? What have you done so far? What are your goals? Show piece? Sale piece? Keeper?

Regardless, it looks like your skillet has the promise to clean up very nicely if the method you ultimately choose works. Best of luck!

It's a Griswold LBL #9 I bought a while back for a good price. It's a slight spinner and I have my eye on the same pan with the matching lid that is flat, so I am looking to clean up and hopefully sell.

It's in pretty good condition other than the uneven staining. I scrubbed with BKF and then with 000 steel wool, twice with both. It seems to have gotten slightly lighter but not by much. No gunk and very smooth, just stained.

After more sessions of straight vinegar and steel wool, it looks like it lighted up a bit, but still there...
cdb7356f8d439d9765993eaa05bffacb.jpg

I had some success with a green Scotch Brite pad recently. The thing is not to scrub too hard in one spot or you will have a shiny spot. It’s better to use less pressure but scrub longer if that makes sense. I used several different things with the pad, one at the time. Baking soda, BKF, Dawn, and vinegar.

Back