Hello from Arizona

Hi. Am brand new to this forum and wanted to say hi. Have used this site countless time to identify cast iron and just wanted to join in and be a part of the community.

Basically we are!! I have a cabin in Prescott that I spend the weekends at. No wonder you are into cast iron. The antique stores and yard sales in Prescott endless with vintage cast iron.

I did not see that posting in Benson. Not familiar with Vollrath. Thought I knew a lot but Bonnie....think I have a lot to study before being a pro like you!!

I'm no expert but I like those blue kettles. If I lived closer I would have to swing by there and try to make a deal. I see some large logo Griswold's on the Tucson craigslist also.

Those prices weren't to bad if the condition is good. They looked pretty nice in the pictures, just dirty. I am sure they will get their asking price.

I'm in SoCal, the deals aren't nearly as plentiful down here... Might be time to move to a state with even higher temperatures. I know, I know, It's a "Dry" heat.... :tongue:

Welcome Rick Hunter...lots to learn here on this great site!

You can have Arizona with it's heat, heck you do not even need cast iron to fry your eggs.... on the hood of your car. :icon_rofl:

You did well on your hunt, with only $3.00

Yes it is a dry heat.....which means the cast iron doesn't rust as easy. haha.

Well, while it's been cooler down here for the last few weeks, we do have a severe lack of water in the air, in the rivers, the lakes, the streams, etc... So Iron has a pretty good chance of surviving here now as well.

Back