Unmarked 3A Skillet W/ Heat Ring

John Ziebart

I have an unmarked 3A skillet with a raised heat ring and "scalloped" handle?
Any idea of the year?
Value?
thanks

Attachments

• DSC05142.jpg
    DSC05142.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC05140.jpg
    DSC05140.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC05139.jpg
    DSC05139.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC05141.jpg
    DSC05141.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 37
Looks like Vollrath, but the size marking is usually on the bottom. Vollrath didn't seem to change their design over time so could be as late as 1960s.

I have one like it with no markings on the bottom, but don't recall if there's a number on the handle or not. Not sure where it is right now to be able to look.

The handle and the long ridge on its underside are characteristic of Vollrath. If not a Vollrath, it's some other foundry using a Vollrath to make copies. If the quality of the casting and finish are not substandard, consider it a Vollrath.

The handle and the long ridge on its underside are characteristic of Vollrath. If not a Vollrath, it's some other foundry using a Vollrath to make copies. If the quality of the casting and finish are not substandard, consider it a Vollrath.

This type #3 seems to be very common... if vollrath didn't make it then whoever did made a LOT of them... these are much more common than vollraths with the sideways 3 on the bottom. I've gotten to the point on these that if it doesn't have the sideways 3 then I consider it to be a copy of a vollrath rather than an actual vollrath.

Back