Best Way to Sell a Collection

Mark Oen

My elderly father has an extensive collection of cast iron that he looking to sell. He specialized in Wapak but also had a lot of other brands in his collection. Looking for suggestions how to best sell his collection. Leaning towards auction that would include online bidding. Any suggestions on auctioneer or auction house that specializes in cast iron. Also looking for best way to notify collectors of the sale. Would obviously use this site but would appreciate any other sites that would help notify collectors. Thanks in advance

I just attended a two day iron only auction at dinkys auction center in montgomery indiana. and I've attended about 5-6 similar two day iron only auctions there. they do combined in person and online bidding and have quite a bit of experience with handling, prepping, photographing etc. Although it might be a while before they can do another... They have about 1,000 pieces from Larry and Marg Oniel that they are currently working on for an august auction.
here are some pics. https://imgur.com/gallery/WpC3m22

I for one would love to see pics of the collection, if only to dream......I a Wapak lover, so im sure you have some odd ones.

Yes, I am Tom's son. I apologize if it came across that I was trying to sell anything on the forum. That was not my intent. I was just hoping to get some recommendations on auctioneers and auction houses.

Not a problem. I just kind of assumed his affiliation with one of the collector organizations would be the obvious channel for such an endeavor.

Back