Iron hunting in florida

CPorter

I went to Florida for a week hoping to find some deals on iron and was very disappointed. Antique malls wanted 30 to 40 percent over ebay prices, thrift stores had nothing, and flea markets want 10 to 20 percent over ebay prices for unclean and/or damaged iron. The weekend before returning home I went to a flea market and found a guy unloading and bought four lids for 2 bucks each, one lid for 5$, an Erie #10 muffin pan for 10$ a lodge 14sk skillet for 15$ an unmarked wagner DO for 20$ and a griswold #9 small logo for 4$. So didn't get anything great but didn't come home empty handed either. The Erie #10 is my first muffin pan so I am eager to try it out, the lodge is 15 1/4 inches so I bought it for homemade pizza, and the lid with the ripples I had just not seen before and it was only 5 dollars so why not. With these exceptions above the iron was all very over priced, is this the new trend?

https://picasaweb.google.com/114772661409714296598/CPorter#6099545385861471922

Antique malls wanted 30 to 40 percent over ebay prices, thrift stores had nothing, and flea markets want 10 to 20 percent over ebay prices for unclean and/or damaged iron.

Same here in California. I've been lucky a few times at thrift stores, and flea markets, but those finds are few and far between. At least at flea markets there's a little haggle room when you're holding cash. I've found things a little high and ended up getting them cheaper, and have also found things priced really fairly and just paid.

Antique stores, I rarely see any iron that I actually want, and when I do the prices are crazy high.

I find all of my CI in garage sales and junk/thrift stores. I don't expect to find anything and am just happy to when I do.

Back