Leery

DSBradley

I've been watching this griddle on eBay and I'm just a little leery of it. If you look at the catalog number, the 111 aren't the same height and the 0 looks out-of-round. Overall, the 1110 looks deeper inscribed than the logo. What do you all think about this one?

Are you afraid that it is counterfeit or something? The logo and numbering seem normal to me. I have seen many pieces with shallow logo impressions, and deeper numbering.

Yes, I'm worried that it's a fake. They want a pretty penny for it. Thanks
I'll admit that the 1110 looks odd, but why would they fake up a Wagner when they could just as well fake a Griswold and get a lot more for it? The logo looks OK, doesn't it?

I have a Puritan skillet where somebody cleaned out the pattern numbers with an awl or something like that, and they look a bit like those.

I have a few nice handle griddles: a couple WWSO #9, a Wagner arc, a Wardway, a Griswold #7 slant Erie, a Martin #10 Ballard Pancake Flour. $40 was the most I ever gave for any of them.

I just got "WAGNER" #10 for $10 + shipping. I just seen this and was testing my fake-dar. Been seeing a lot of stuff that's been sandblasted too. Thanks for all the input guys.

Fakes rarely include machine polish grinding. Counterfeiters are opportunists, which is why the majority of reproductions are toy size pieces.

Back