How About This?

DavidL

Part of a buy from a recycler. Purchased a total of 96 skillets, ovens etc. This is one of the hidden gems. Have never seen one. I live just down the road from Cleveland, TN. Unfortunately, it has a concave surface which would keep juices around the edges while cooking or is this unfortunate after all? This is not seasoned yet, just coated with unrefined flax oil. Thoughts and comments are welcome?

Dixie Foundry.jpg

Dixie Foundry II.jpg

Good looking skillet! The concave shouldn't matter when frying up some green 'maters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting skillet. It has a bow which will decrease value. It's a cool skillet and I hope you find some great ones in that very large pile.

Interesting skillet. It has a bow which will decrease value. It's a cool skillet and I hope you find some great ones in that very large pile.
I have a number 8 Martin Stove in the tank currently from that pile. I spotted a number 3 Vollrath but won't know until cleaned up.

David, 96 skillets in a single haul is impressive !! How big is your tank, are you able to handle multiple pieces at the same time?

My 2 door coupe was packed! I use a 55 gallon plastic trash container for the tank. One piece at a time. Depending on the piece I let them sit for 24 hours and that normally is enough. My anode is a large CI roasting pan I found at an estate sale. This is by far the best set up I've had. I think hanging each piece vertically near the anode is a big difference maker. I learned by reading in this forum not to submerge the positive lead under the water. Nearly destroyed the clamp in less than 24 hours! Good thing I read that thread in time.

Back