#72 Griswold Patty Bowl

Kyle S.

I picked up a #72 Griswold Patty Bowl today because it was ten bucks and in almost unused condition. I have no clue what it is used for. I saw a link to youtube on another post but my computer does not support youtube. Can someone give me a a tutorial? I will most likely use it to melt butter. I saw where someone said it was used for making hard shells, but this has a pour spout and in pretty tiny. any help is appreciated.
Kyle

Used to make patty shells with these irons. Heat oil in bowl. Preheat iron in oil. Dip in batter then back into oil until brown. These are the deeper type irons. Shallower ones were called rosette irons.

Thanks Doug. Have you ever used on of these for its intended use? Has anyone?
Does anyone have one and use it for other reasons. I just couldn't pass it up but I hate having something I don't use. Maybe a syrup warmer? Thoughts anyone?
Kyle

fun to make but a little messy. takes a little practice to get the hang of it. I thought I had the recipe but I think I packed it away. I'm sure some one on here has it.

I've never used one to cook with but mine holds spare change like you wouldn't believe! I need to find the irons that come with it so i can actually use the darn thing!!

Back