Morning Swap Meet

MDFraley

Picked up eight pieces this morning from the local swap meet. They all need attention to some degree but seem to be more than others. One of the WI's was marked New Era 8&9 and the base had a p/n 587. At first I thought it was a Griswold but after some research it looks like it was made around 1909 +- a few years. An old news paper ad had it for sale for $.59 and it was in a Minneapolis news paper. New Era is shown in our Foundry Data Base but no info regarding particulars.
https://imgur.com/crRyJFE

Wow!!! I paid a pretty penny for the one waffle iron I have. Never forget the day I bought it. Seeing those.......awesome!!! Congratulations! That’s a great haul!

is the puritan aluminum? made by Favorite or not?

The Puritan is aluminum. The base is fully marked Griswold with a p/n of 235 so assumption is it was made by Griswold. The 235 doesn't appear in the CIC data chart but does appear in the pattern number in the back of the BB

The New Era WI looks very similar to my Fanner WI.

You are a glutton for punishment to clean all those waffle irons lol. Have fun. I've cleaned 5 or 6 total, and I'm not looking at doing another until I have an e-tank.

Seasoning even has it's challenges.

Back