Letter in a diamond

Same difficulty with Google+. It won't let you view unless you join Google+ or upgrade your account to Google+. Is there no link to share an album with a "guest"?

I see the updated link allows one to request access, but that apparently entails having to have some kind of Google account. Regular Google Picasa albums have a choice to allow public viewing.

I thought I had made it public. I'll try again.

Jack

Ok, it should work now (should have worked from the start. I think I am age handicapped)

I would say everything about it says the same as the "number in diamond" pieces, unmarked late Favorite or CHF. Also, I note that all the pieces I have seen with the letter in diamond have been chicken fryers/deep skillets.

It looks a lot like the screw heads I have seen but it is not as clean an imprint as I usually see. I thought it might be a casting imperfection.

Jack

The link was fixed to public viewing.

I think that looks like a casting flaw, or perhaps possibly a pattern maker's mark. More interesting is that the B looks like it has the ghost of an 8 under it.

I do not have any CHF or Favorite pieces. Does the handle match to those makers?

I have looked at the diamond very closely and I cannot tell if there is or was an 8 under it

Jack

Although there is some variation seen, it does match some letter in diamond and some number in diamond skillets. Others are seen with a distinct rib design.

Zooming in on the bottom center photo, it looks like there is something around the B.

I do not have any CHF or Favorite pieces. Does the handle match to those makers?

Jack

I have four CHF pieces, including a #9 deep skillet, and that handle does not match any of them. Not to say you don't have a CHF piece- mine are all marked with the typical "8x" designation on the bottom, so they may not match simply be from being later patterns.

I have four CHF pieces, including a #9 deep skillet, and that handle does not match any of them. Not to say you don't have a CHF piece- mine are all marked with the typical "8x" designation on the bottom, so they may not match simply be from being later patterns.
Those so-marked are the CHF hammered pieces, which bear no resemblance to either the non-hammered CHF or Favorite.

Were the non hammered CHF pieces using or based on the Favorite patterns, whereas the hammered pieces were developed from the ground up by the CHF?

There don't seem to be any hammered known-Favorite Piqua pieces, marked or otherwise. Since they were out of business (and their patterns and tooling were acquired by CHF) before the time generally accepted as the period of hammered popularity, it would seem the hammered ware was CHF's doing.

CHF made some unhammered pieces probably in the late 20s to early 30s before acquiring the old Favorite patterns. They are marked "Sani-Ware" and are often porcelainized and also have a very distinctive and pleasing diamond shaped handle.

Back