New Guy From Alabama

JoshC

Hello all .. I'm new here from Alabama .. I search out old cast iron and found this site may be useful for Research .. I Recently found a Dutch oven with mismatched Lid .. The Lid is marked S.E. JONNS & Son from Nashville Tennessee .. I can not find any info on this co . Any help would be aprettiated .. It does have a chip out of the led top edge that would not effect the use .: also the Dutch oven it self was made by Savory & Co 2 1/2 size marking .. This is the first Dutch oven I have found by this company .. Any knowledge on it would also be helpful .. I recently have been collecting the older gate marked pieces as I find them more fascinating that the more common Makes of Lodge ... Griswold .. And Wagner .. Though I have many of these as I'm sure most all do on here .. I'm excited to become part of this community of knowledge .. Thank you for allowing me to join ..

Thanks for the info .. Quick Correction I have found that my lid says S.E. Jones & Son ,, which I have found they did pipe work in Tennessee and some things for the railway ... I will continue to search

Josh,

Try Savery and Co. instead of Savory. I have a Savery and Co. cast iron mortar and pestle. Savery and Co., was in PA.

Back