BSR

Tommy Martin

BSR I believe, 50's maybe 60's. Handle has "ROSENBUSH" raised. Maybe the pics will give more info. Trying to find out whom/what the business was and any help will be great. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2449.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
There are also identical skillets marked "Hemenway's", and I don't think there's been a conclusive answer as to whom that refers, either. There is speculation it might be a Hemenway's restaurant. Perhaps there was a Rosenbush restaurant somewhere in AL, GA or thereabouts (assuming a restaurant).

It could have well been the restaurant as I found the skillet about 25 miles from where it was. My wife was thinking at one time there was a luggage and purse store in Birmingham with that name also. She said she purchased a purse there one time.

I find it interesting how the underside of the handle has the distinctive BSR design, but most of the teardrop eyelet is filled in to accommodate the name.

I wonder how they did the pattern for that, if they temporarily modified an existing pattern long enough to make the necessary quantity of molds or if they created a whole new pattern for it, which seems kinda wasteful but what do I know...

I'd guess it was some kind of slug either temporarily attached to a pattern or pressed into the mold half when the regular #3 pattern was removed before the pour. The former would make more sense from a production standpoint. Creating an entire new pattern or set of patterns for a custom run would have been prohibitively costly.

I have a couple more in the building that was filled that way with a name on them. Been a couple of years since I looked at them. I'll try and get a picture of them when I find them again. Seems like one is "SACHS"

Back