ID Help on a Couple of Pieces

Ben_Y

Any age/ID help appreciated. Don’t think they’re anything special, but great cookers. Received these two pieces recently, and though I have done a lot of searches and image searches, no idea what the small pan might be.

Small skillet is great for eggs and seems like it has that rounded shape versus typical cast iron pan. Unique (to me) handle did not come up under any image searches I tried here or on web. Not sure if vintage or not, but no “made in” that I can find so assumed it may have some age. Close to a No. 6. My 5 fits well inside.
Small pan: 8” across top, 8.5 spout to spout;
15.5” handle to helper tip;
6” or just under on cooking surface
Unmarked, slanted 1 under handle (Read that unmarked smaller pans sometimes have 1-4 number to help identify molds).
Spiral grind marks very clear once cleaned up

The chicken fryer (?) looked like unmarked Wagner to me, but wasn’t sure about the one dot under handle which I have read may be for mold identification. Think it sizes out close to a No. 8. No lid, but sides help keep splatters to a minimum which is great.

11” across top; 11.5“ spout to spout; 9” bottom;
3” high; outside heat ring; completely unmarked except for dot.

Appreciate your thoughts. Best, Ben.

Photos of both:

https://imgur.com/a/jtkpqGv

Smaller appears to be a chef skillet, but unsure why that size would need an assist handle, usually seen on modern pans larger than 10". May be an import even though no country of origin inscribed on it. Larger looks like Wagner, who used that handle style on its Long Life store brand and some deep skillet sets. See RB pg. 28, but photo and description are inconclusive as to whether pan shown has heat ring.

Related: http://www.castironcollector.com/store.php

Thanks for the quick reply, Doug. Small piece is definitely more like a modern chef’s skillet & unique handle is almost like newer versions to dissipate heat. Other than hanging on a peg, assist is definitely not needed for size. It certainly appeared to have some age on it as I cleaned, but maybe just heavy use. Great egg pan so glad to have it regardless! The grind seems particularly smooth.

Look forward to learning a lot more on the site. Thanks!

Back