Sidney Script O dating question

KeithC

This is for anyone who might know, but I think I am going to have to get Doug to weigh in on this one.

I was told that the Sidney Script O logo from SHWC was only produced in the first year. I have been reading but can't seem to find anything that would confirm that. I can't find anything more specific than the general 1888-1897 timeframe on these pieces.

The BB dating for the Sidney script skillets is given as "Circa: 1887". I don't think it's stating or meant to imply that script logo skillets were made one year only. Other script pieces on the next page are dated 1887-1890. To me that that's just saying the script logo preceded the block logo and its use appears limited to the first few years of SHW existence. Most everything else in the relatively short section is dated generally the entire span of SHW operation, 1887-1898.

Kinda what I was thinking, Doug. Thanks.

I had someone chime in to me and tell me that the script O griddle was only produced in the company's first year, but I wasn't sure how they would even know that. I thanked them for the info but wanted to run it by you guys.

No, that pattern maker was awake when he made yours. The close-up of the logo on the first BB page is very elaborate, but if you look closely, it appears to be covering up a similar "y" tail fail.

Back