View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Cahill Iron Works - Chattanooga TN

Yes Joe I did. It came with a lid(not a matched set)which was a Martin Stove & Range #7 and the price for the two pieces was $39. I am now as I type this getting ready to season it. I took some steel wool (fine) and a little soap and it cleaned up like new out of the box. I suspect that some one bought this at an estate sale and did not have any idea what it was. I would like to think I have a one-of-a-kind piece since I have only found reference to anything regarding Cahill here at the cast iron collector forums.
I am having a bit of a problem trying to figure out how to post a new thread for all viewers to read and see if there is anyone else that has any other pieces other than the grills I have seen. I took a few pictures before cleaning and will take several more once seasoned. It also appears to be difficult to post a picture here without a web host for photos. I hate to download stuff on this computer due to all the stuff that can invade ones privacy. If you want to look at what I have give me a few days and then send me a mail at my SBC Global address and I will send to you. My address is (Michael_fraley (at) sbcglobal.net)
Thanks Joe