eBay Headings

DSBradley

Lets have some fun finding inane eBay titles from clueless sellers of CI. I'll start it off with this one.

RARE CAST IRON WAGNER WARE NO. 3 SKILLET WITH HANDLE

I like that it comes with a handle.

That's why it is rare......Guess they could have added to it HTF (hard to find). I get a laugh out of them also but can't remember any right off hand. What's really fun is to fire a question back at them regarding their listing and see how they reply back to it.

"Rare Vintage Cast Iron Pan and Skillet w/ Wooden Handles and Lid. Great condition. Pan is 8 1/2" wide by 5 1/2" deep. Skillet is 8" wide by 2" deep. Lid (1 shared) measures approx. 7 1/2" in circumference, and fits both pan and skillet. Both the pan and skillet have wooden handles with hanging hooks. Made in Taiwan. "

"Made in Taiwan"
The Made in Taiwan ones work good in an E-tank with the positive wire connected to them. :)

Here's one I ran across this morning

Old Antique Vintage #6 Wagner Ware Cast Iron 9" Skillet Cooking Frying Pan USA

As you already know the bottom was marked "Made in USA"

I bought this yesterday off ebay. It is kind of a crap shoot because I can't be sure of the damage until it is cleaned. I got a kick out of the seller description. Lucky for me I don't have to do any work because the skillet is cleaned and pre-seasoned. :chuckle: I have been keeping my eyes open for one after seeing this.
http://www.castironcollector.com/gallery/enamel/gris_enamel3.jpg

This is how they look pre-seasoned. :icon_rofl:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gri...QjjUS%2FtYkOmMA%2BMeo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I gave up on ebay for CI. Chances are anything from there will be a spinner, and even the shipping prices are inflated.
Picked up a nasty #9 skillet for $2 today. Yes, I'm cheap...

I gave up on ebay for CI. Chances are anything from there will be a spinner, and even the shipping prices are inflated.
Picked up a nasty #9 skillet for $2 today. Yes, I'm cheap...

Any chance of a picture of the pre and post-nasty $2 #9 skillet?

I'm in Idaho where everyone still uses their CI. You guys in the midwest have all the luck! All I ever found was a newer, rusted Lodge for $7. I cleaned it up anyway and I'm going to give it to someone I haven't met yet.

Back