Wagner inside oval logo?

Shawn R

My wife saw a #10 skillet at a shop today but didn't take a picture. She said it was a block style Wagner inside of an oval. I can't find any images of a similar logo. She said it had the weight of a 1891 type skillet but had no other markings other than the Wagner and a 10. My guess is, it is a more modern piece and not collectible. Anyone have a guess?

That's the one Doug. I didn't think to look in the non-collectible section. I've read so much about cast iron over the last couple months, it's hard to keep track of it all.

Let me take a minute to say THANKS for this great web site. The main page has so much information and the folks on the forum are very helpful and friendly. It sure makes our new hobby that much more enjoyable.

I've read so much about cast iron over the last couple months, it's hard to keep track of it all.

I still see pieces that I think, Hmmm... I think I've heard of that brand before, but can't remember, old or new. I know all of the telltale signs of modern -vs- old, but sometimes it's very borderline..

If it's interesting, sometimes I don't really care, but if the price is higher I have to do a little research. And inevitably a Google search in the parking lot, on my phone, leads me right back to.... Guess where...... CastIronCollector.com. :)

THANKS DOUG!!!!!!!

Back